The Start Up Loans Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our site users seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use. By using this website, you accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Information we may collect from you
We do not require that visitors reveal any personal information in order to access our website; however we may collect and process the following personal information under certain circumstances:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on the website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for trials. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- If you contact us by email we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
How we will use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To create a volunteer account for you to help us determine your suitability for being entered in our trials.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To send you our newsletters or provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of volunteering, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
IP Addresses and Cookies
From any point after you have entered our website we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your particulars.
We will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the website.
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our website.
- Track how you have been visiting the website.
- Track how you came to access the website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer.
Cookies: MUID, MUIDB
This cookie allows us to understand how customers who click on one of our Bing search adverts behave on the Start Up Loans website. This information helps to indicate how relevant and helpful our advertisements are to customers.
Cloudflare is a website security and performance platform. This cookie allows other pieces of software we use to identify you as a unique user, meaning your data isn’t sent to another user on the same network.
This cookie allows us to understand how customers who click on one of our display adverts behave on the Start Up Loans website. This information helps to indicate how relevant and helpful our advertisements are to customers.
Cookies: _fbp, fr
This cookie allows us to understand how customers who click on one of our Facebook adverts behave on the Start Up Loans website. This information helps to indicate how relevant and helpful our advertisements are to customers.
Lifespan: 90 days
Cookies: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt_UA-*-*, __utmz, _ga, _gcl_au, _gid
These cookies are used to track how users interact with the website. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve the website. The data collected by these cookies is anonymous and reports to us on which pages a user has visited, your location (city/town level) and how long you have interacted with our website.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a piece of software that allows other pieces of software to be deployed easily to the Start Up Loans website.
Cookies: _hjIncludedInSample, hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjDoneTestersWidgets, _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets, _hjDoneSurveys, _hjIncludedInSample, _hjShownFeedbackMessage
Hotjar captures how users interact with different pieces of functionality on a website. Hotjar can also be used as a tool for collecting user feedback and suggestions through surveys and questionnaires.
Cookies: __cfduid, __lotl, _lo_uid, _lo_v, _lorid, lo_session_in
Lucky Orange is a customer experience platform, powering the chat functionality on the Start Up Loans website. Lucky Orange also provides customer behaviour analytics.
Cookies: pardot, IVP*, visitor_id*
Pardot cookies are used to track which pages and digital assets a user engages with when on the Start Up Loans website. This information can be used to provide personalised experiences for customers, and inform improvements to the website based on user behaviour.
This cookie makes sure that you do not receive too many pop-up notices when visiting the Start Up Loans website.
Cookies: curVis, att
This cookie is used to track which predefined channels acquire users who engage most with our site. This information is used for internal reporting only and used to help us further improve our marketing activities and website. The data collected by this cookie is anonymous and this cookie will expires after one year.
Lifespan: One year
Cookies: PHPSESSID, session_id
This session id cookie remembers your recent page requests on our site and is required for the website to run.
Lifespan: Browser close
This cookie helps us to determine how a customer reached the start Up Loans website.
Lifespan: 10 days
Visual Web Optimiser
Cookies: _vis_opt_s, _vwo_uuid
Visual Web Optimiser (VWO) enables the testing of different webpage designs and layouts amongst different for the purpose of improve the customer experience. VWO cookies ensure that you are provided with a consistent user journey.
Managing cookies in Microsoft IE 6, IE 7 and IE 8:
1. In the browser, choose Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Click the Privacy tab
4. Adjust the ‘Settings’ slider to ‘Medium’ or below to enable cookies, or adjust towards the top to disable all cookies.
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
1. In the browser, choose Firefox (or ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window) and select Options
2. Click the Privacy tab
3. Check the box labelled ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
4. Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
1. From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
2. From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select ‘Always’, or click to select ‘Never’ to disable cookies.
3. Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
1. Click the ‘wrench’ icon
2. Click Options
3. Select the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
4. Under ‘Cookie Settings’ select ‘Allow all cookies’ from the drop-down to enable cookies, or ‘Block all cookies’ to disable cookies.
5. Click ‘Close’