Proof of Personal Bank Account
In order to progress with your loan application you may be asked to provide proof of an active bank account. The documents must be in colour, black and white copies will not be accepted. This account must be a personal account, not a business account.
Please note, some bank accounts do not meet our criteria, for example some do not accept direct debits. Your allocated adviser will be able to discuss these requirements with you during your application.
Please note, this must be either a PDF copy from your online bank account or a scanned copy of a physical statement that you have received by post. We do not accept screenshots of your online bank account.
Find out how to scan and upload your documents.
Please note that you cannot submit a bank statement as both proof of a personal bank account and proof of address. If you have been asked to submit proof of address, there are a number of other documents we can accept.
Bank account types we can accept:
- Personal current account
- Personal cash account
Your statement must:
- Include all transactions for three months prior to the month of application
- Be for a personal bank account, not a business account or temporary account
- Be for a bank account established in the UK
- Be submitted in full, including all pages of the statement
- It must be the bank account receiving the loan funds
- For more detailed information, please click here
What we need to see:
- Current legal name and surname
- All transactions during the statement period
- Bank’s letter head
- Every page of the statement
All sensitive data and personal information provided to The Start Up Loans Company as part of your application is encrypted and stored securely. We will only ever use your data to inform the loan application process, to notify you of changes to our services, or to provide you with marketing information that you request. We will not pass your information to third parties for their marketing purposes.