Proof of Personal Bank Account
In order to progress with your loan application you may be asked to provide proof of an active bank account. This account must be a personal account, not a business account.
Please note, this must be a copy of a physical statement that you have received by post. We do not accept online statements or screenshots of your online bank account.
Find out how to scan and upload your documents.
Please note that you cannot submit a bank statement as both proof of a personal bank account and proof of address. If you have been asked to submit proof of address, there are a number of other documents we can accept.
Bank account types we can accept:
- Personal current account
- Personal cash account
Your statement must:
- Be dated within the last three months
- Show transactions from within the last 12 months
- Be for a personal bank account, not a business account or temporary account
- Be for a bank account established in the UK
- Be submitted in full, including all pages of the statement
What we need to see:
- All transactions during the statement period
- Bank’s letter head
- Every page of the statement
All sensitive data and personal information provided to The Start Up Loans Company as part of your application is encrypted and stored securely. We will only ever use your data to inform the loan application process, to notify you of changes to our services, or to provide you with marketing information that you request. We will not pass your information to third parties for their marketing purposes.