Start Up Loans Research Poll Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition is run by the Start Up Loans Company of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ (“SULC”), a company limited by guarantee and a wholly owned subsidiary of British Business Finance ltd which itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of British Business Bank plc.
- In order to enter the Start Up Loans Research Poll Competition (the “Competition”), you will have to submit the Research Poll survey and you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these Terms and any terms and conditions cross-referenced in these Terms.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- To be eligible for the Competition and submit a valid Entry, you must (a) be over 18 years of age; (b) be a resident of the United Kingdom; (c) not be an employee of SULC or a family member of such an employee; and (d) accept these Term and Conditions.
- Only one Entry per person will be accepted. All additional Entries will be automatically disqualified.
- All Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 30/01/2019 (the “Closing Time”). If you submit an Entry after the Closing Time your Entry will be automatically disqualified and you will not be entered into the Competition.
- The winning Entries (the “Winners”) will be selected at random from the valid Entries. The Winners will be chosen by SULC by 02/02/2019. The Winner will be notified by SULC by email as soon as possible after the Winners have been chosen. The Winner must accept their Prize by replying to the notification within 48 hours of being notified as a Winner. The Winner must provide SULC with a valid phone number and address for the “Prize” to be sent out to a UK address. If SULC does not receive a response within 48 hours of when SULC first tries to contact the relevant Winner, SULC reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant and the relevant original Winner will have no right to insist on receiving the Prize. Thereafter the alternative entrant shall be a Winner for the purposes of these Terms.
- Responsibility for determining the operation and results of the Competition including eligibility and the ultimate Winner and all decisions relating to the Prize rests solely with SULC. SULC’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any of these matters.
- Any person found to be submitting unsolicited bulk messages (i.e. spam) will be disqualified from the Competition.
- SULC can, in its absolute discretion, reject or disqualify any Entry for reasons including but not limited to, breach of or non-compliance with these Terms or the submission of any material containing obscenity, defamation, an invasion of privacy or other objectionable content. SULC may vary or amend these Terms, change the Prize or terminate this Competition without prior notice. You agree that no liability shall attach to SULC as a result thereof and that, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
- If you do not correctly submit your Entry in accordance with these Terms, you will not be eligible to win the Prize. SULC takes no responsibility for any Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. SULC will not be responsible for any technical fault or failure which prevents a person from entering the Competition.
- Subject to availability and these Terms, each of the Winner/s shall receive a £50 Amazon voucher (the “Prize”).
- No part of the Prize may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternatives will be offered. The Prize is subject to availability.
- The Prize and each element comprising the Prize are not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize has no cash value and cannot be taken as cash or for any other item or benefit. If for any reason any of the Winners do not make use of the Prize including if the Prize is not claimed or redeemed, they shall not be entitled to any alternative prize. In each case, no refund or compensation will be provided.
- In the event of an infringement of these Terms by any of the Winners, SULC reserves the right to withdraw that individual’s Prize and shall not be obliged to offer an alternative to that individual.
- Your entry and participation in the Competition will also be subject to the Start Up Loans Company terms and conditions of usage found at startuploans.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- SULC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms or to withdraw, amend, cancel the Competition at any time and without notice (including the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize). No liability shall attach to SULC as a result thereof and, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
- Your personal information (including your name, email address and telephone number) will be collected, stored and processed by SULC in a database for the purposes of managing the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms or as separately accepted by you.
- Any personal data which you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- SULC shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any other circumstances beyond the control of SULC.
- This Competition is governed by English law and any dispute arising from this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.